Complete Reproductive Wellness for Patients in South Florida and Beyond
At Florida Institute for Reproductive Sciences and Technologies, we believe in taking a comprehensive approach to fertility that utilizes a variety of methods and techniques to positively impact every aspect of a person's wellbeing. This includes IVF and treatment for infertility - but we don't stop there.
Reproduction is a complex and multifaceted process that, for some, can require an all-encompassing treatment approach. To that end, we work with other professionals, such as therapists, nutritionists, personal trainers, massage therapists and acupuncturists who can help our patients to relax, fulfill and nourish the mind, the body, and the senses.
We also welcome women to consult with us for gynecologic care throughout their lifespans, both before and after their reproductive years. For women struggling with menstrual disorders or bothersome symptoms of menopause, Dr. Selub is a board certified obstetrician-gynecologist and a specialist in reproductive endocrinology, especially qualified to treat these problems.
Sorry pregnant ladies, much to our patients' chagrin, Dr. Selub does not currently provide obstetric care beyond the first trimester or attend to labor and delivery.
Are you considering becoming pregnant? Choosing to conceive is a wonderful step in a woman's life. Whether you've already been pregnant, delivered a child, or it's your first time, get started on the right track with a preconception counseling session at one of South Florida's finest fertility clinics: Florida Institute for Reproductive Sciences and Technologies.
For fertility patients at FIRST, before in-depth analysis and testing takes place, and before treatments such as in-vitro fertilization are attempted, preconception counseling is a standard part of the initial visit. Any woman, however, considering starting a family can benefit from preconception counseling. Ideally, this session should take place about three to six months before conception.
Preconception counseling often includes:
- Questions and Review of your Medical History and Background
- Possible Laboratory Tests
- Physical Examination
- In-Office Transvaginal Ultrasound Examination
- Discussion to Answer your Questions and Address your Concerns
- Receiving prescriptions if indicated
Keep in mind that when you invite a friend or partner to sit in on your interview with the doctor she will ask a series of detailed questions regarding your reproductive, medical, and family history such as:
- Has anyone in your family had diabetes?
- Have you ever had any complications during a pregnancy or following a pregnancy?
- Do you have any, or have you ever had, any serious illnesses, including psychiatric illnesses?
- Do you take any kind of medication, including herbal remedies or supplements?
- Do you smoke, or have you ever smoked cigarettes, or used other tobacco products?
- How often do you drink alcohol or use recreational drugs?
- Have you been treated for any sexually transmitted diseases or think you may be at risk?
- What is your sexual orientation and are you in a monogamous relationship?
You will also be asked about your overall lifestyle both at home and work, which will include questions about your diet, how much exercise you get and more. It is important that these questions are answered as honestly as possible so your doctor can provide you with the highest level of care.
Dr. Selub is compassionate and dedicated to her work: helping people achieve their dreams of building a family, a healthy family. The care and personal attention you will receive at FIRST is unparalleled. We have an amazing ability to make our patients feel like family because we treat our patients like family!
|Monday:||09:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||09:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||09:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Thursday:||09:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Friday:||09:00 AM - 01:00 PM|
|Saturday:||09:00 AM - 11:00 AM
as needed for time-sensitive procedures
|Sunday:||09:00 AM - 11:00 AM
as needed for time-sensitive procedures